Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? is a fast growing performance consultancy founded in 2012 by Olympic Gold medallist Ben Hunt-Davis and Tom Barry, an experienced leadership development specialist.
Our story starts with Ben’s journey to the 2000 Sydney Olympics with the GB Men’s Rowing Eight. Central to their preparation, and turnaround from perennial losers to Gold medal winners, was the way the crew used the simple question “Will it make the boat go faster?” to challenge everything they did.
This incredible story and its strategies became the basis for a memorable keynote speech, a best-selling business book and a range of performance principles and behaviours that drive our high performance programmes, board consultation, workshops, events and leader-led learning products.
You’ll have heard of many of our clients, who range from the largest and most successful multinationals to rapidly growing mid-market companies. We help these organisations, their leaders and teams achieve and sustain their best possible performance. Taking proven Olympic-winning strategies and using them to achieve their highest personal and professional ambitions.
We’re in our 5th year now and have made huge progress, but we want to increase the pace still further, and we’re looking for others to help us.
This is your opportunity to be at the heart of our business. Your role will be to support the Marketing Director in the company’s wide variety of future marketing activity across digital, print materials, direct campaigns, social media, events and existing client marketing. This is a hands-on role with a strong focus on managing the marketing plan and running the day to day activity.
– Help to shape and then deliver the marketing strategy and plan
– Track marketing spend against the marketing budget
– Develop and maintain the sales and marketing materials needed to support core programmes, new product development and client proposals
– Help to promote and attract attendees to annual events calendar including breakfast roundtables, client dinners and large-scale brand events for new prospects and existing clients
– Creative, impactful and timely updates of the company’s social media channels
– Run digital marketing activity to increase the sales pipeline and new business opportunities including PPC, SEO and email marketing
– Maximise content and performance of the Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? website including monthly reporting of results
– Supporting the business by driving content from within our own ‘Olympic team’ to update the blog and send out monthly Performance Insights
– Manage external suppliers and freelancers for art working, graphic design, print materials, PR, PPC, videographers, photographers and web development
– Produce regular film content for website, programmes and YouTube
– Work directly with PR consultant to help shape and drive the PR strategy
– Manage the production of client case studies, event wrap-ups, thought leadership articles and whitepapers
– Understand the broader marketplace (positioning, price and product) for keynote speakers, performance programmes, speech agencies and competitive offerings
– Support our digital learning platform
– Support the measurement of the impact of our work with clients, leading the measurement of all marketing activities
You’ll be based in or close to London. Our office is in Hammersmith but flexible working in hours and location are very much a part of how the team works…it’s all about performance and how you achieve results, not where or when.
– We are looking for an ambitious and energetic marketing person who is happy to organise, coordinate and execute the key day to day marketing activities
– Very comfortable with digital marketing strategies but also attracted by the variation offered in the role
– Ideally (but not essential) you will have experience of marketing professional services to the corporate sector, or at least experience in B2B marketing
– Skilled and confident across online and offline marketing activities
– A self-driven person who thrives in a small, rapidly growing organisation
– Responds well to strong levels of autonomy and the ability to make a real difference
– A forward-thinking organisation with a flexible approach to working hours/patterns. A place of work and team who are respectful of boundaries set by all parties in order to achieve work/life success and happiness.
– An attractive base salary of £33,000 – £40,000p.a.
– Up to 15% annual bonus (based on personal performance and company performance) and a contributory pension scheme.
– Team lunches, days out and potential weekend away when we hit our monthly, quarterly and yearly targets
– Strong opportunities for career development and progression in a small and dynamic business that aims to look after and support each other in our personal and professional goals.
– Ability to make a real difference to the Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? business and your own career aspirations.
Ideally, we would like to recruit the person for this role to start in July/August 2018.
If you think this role is just what you’re looking for, please send your CV and a short covering letter telling us why you think you’d make a great Marketing Manager at Will It Make The Boat Go Faster?
Please send to Chris Martin, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org