Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? is a fast growing performance consultancy based in West London. We started our journey in 2012 when Olympic Gold medallist Ben Hunt-Davis, along with Tom Barry, an experienced leadership development specialist, opened the doors to a range of clients. Our work transfers Olympic sporting excellence into business excellence for organisations, teams and individuals.
We’re in our 5th year now. We have made huge progress and are well on our way to our exciting ‘Crazy’ goal – “To Make a Difference; to Smash our Targets; to Enjoy our Lives”. We now want to increase the pace still further and we’re looking for others to help us.
Our story starts with Ben’s journey to the 2000 Sydney Olympics with the GB Men’s Rowing Eight. Central to their preparation, and turnaround from perennial losers to Gold medal winners, was the way the crew used the simple question “Will it make the boat go faster?” to challenge everything they did.
Have a look at Ben telling our story in this short film:
This incredible story became the basis for a best-selling business book, an inspirational keynote speech and a set of high performance principles and daily habits. We have developed these into a series of successful programmes, Board and team workshops, and events, all reinforced by continuous learning products and an exciting online micro-learning package.
You’ll have heard of many of our clients, who range from the largest and most successful multinationals to rapidly growing mid-market companies. The exciting part is that they all trust us to help them solve some of the most challenging issues and opportunities that confront their organisations.
This is your opportunity to be at the heart of our business, involved with many of the core programmes and clients that drive our business forward. Your role will be to support the team in the company’s wide variety of performance programmes, keynote speeches and consulting work. This is a hands-on role with a strong focus on making things happen and running the day to day activity. It offers a great opportunity to add real value and create improvement to the way we work and how we look after our growing number of clients and consultants.
– Being a key day to day client contact, driving the key delivery dates to help progress each client from contract sign off, to programme launch, through to the smooth running of each project.
– Working with clients and the internal team you will create client project plans updates, arrange and take part in client reviews and be seen as a key member of the team.
– Working closely with the sales and delivery teams you will lead the project management of the client journey, with the aim of delivering a first-class customer experience.
– Working with our business development and consulting teams to establish the most appropriate resource to deliver outstanding results for our clients
– Taking the lead (with strong team support) as the project manager on key business initiatives that require cross functional support to be delivered on time and within budget.
– Over time, take a strong lead in the uploading of content and communication approach on our evolving digital learning platform and ow we integrate online and offline programme support.
– Supporting the Will It Make The Boat Go Faster?’s CSR programme and continuing our association with Maggies’ Cancer Centres.
– Supporting the measurement of the impact of our work with clients, coordinating feedback and working with clients on tracking impact and performance improvement
– Reporting to the Commercial & Marketing Director, you’ll be based in or close to London. Our office is in Hammersmith but flexible working in hours and location are very much a part of how the team works…it’s all about performance and how you achieve results, not where or when.
– Strong project management skills, well organised, thorough and with strong attention to detail.
– We are looking for an ambitious and energetic person who is happy to organise, coordinate and execute the key day to day client and project management activities.
– Someone who wants to make a difference every day though the quality of their work and the support they give to others.
– Very comfortable with making the everyday happen but also attracted by the variety offered in the role and the opportunity to grow with the business.
– Potentially someone who has 1-2 years’ experience in this area and is looking for a more fast paced and exciting environment.
– Responds well to strong levels of autonomy and the ability to make a real difference – knowing that internal support and guidance is always there.
– A forward-thinking organisation with a flexible approach to working hours / patterns and how to get the job done.
– A place of work and a team who are respectful of the boundaries set by all parties to achieve work / life success and happiness.
– An attractive base salary for full time employment of c. £30,000 p.a. based on experience
– Up to 15% annual bonus (based on personal performance and company performance) and a contributory pension scheme.
– Strong opportunities for career development and progression in a small and dynamic business that aims to look after and support each other in our personal and professional goals.
– Ability to make a real difference to the Will It Make The Boat Go Faster? business and your own career aspirations.
Ideally, we would like to recruit the person for this role to start in October 2017.
If you think this role is just what you’re looking for, please send your CV and a short covering letter telling us why you think you’d make a great Client Services Manager at Will It Make The Boat Go Faster?
Please send to Chris Martin, Director: email@example.com